Invent Your Future Scholarship
There seems to be a lack of women pursuing the engineering field. We want to encourage our female applicants to strive for a career in a design driven field of work that has a stigma of being male focused.
The Invent Your Future scholarship is available to females entering college with the intention of pursuing a degree in engineering. The scholarship is a one-time award of $2500.
- Female student
- Graduating high school senior entering college in the fall
- Pursuing a degree at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Maintaining a current GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Permanent US resident residing in the Greater Houston Area
- Be of Vietnamese descent
- Finalists must go through an interview with the donor
Successful applicants must have a proven track record in:
- Academic excellence
- Community service
In an essay of no more than 1000 words, discuss the following:
As a woman going into a male dominated field, why do you want to be an engineer and what do you bring?
Application Process ChecklistOnline Process:
- Complete online application form.
- Upload resume with online application (Only one needed for all scholarships).
- Upload essay with online application
- Scan and upload high school transcript (unofficial transcripts are acceptable)
- Submit recommendation online (Only one needed for all scholarships): Recommendation Form
All questions can be directed to email@example.com
Deadline: June 3, 2016