Tony Toan Nguyen College Scholarship
The purpose of the Tony Toan Nguyen scholarship is to assist and encourage students of Vietnamese descent to excel in scholastic achievement, leadership qualities, and community involvement, especially to those who have significant financial need.
- Tony Toan Nguyen Scholarship Foundation will award $500.00 scholarship to graduating high school students who maintain a minimum of 3.0 GPA, and have significant financial need.
- Applicants will be evaluated by their scholastic achievements, leadership qualities, community involvement, writing proficiency, and a personal interview for semi-finalists.
- Semi-finalists will be selected from the pool of applicants for a mandatory personal interview with Tony Toan Nguyen Foundation.
- Criteria for granting the awards will be 70% from the written application, and 30% from interview.
- Winners will be notified by mail, and the awards will be presented in the 18th Annual Vietnamese-American Youth Excellence Recognition Program.
Requirements for high school seniors applying for Tony Toan Nguyen Scholarship:
- Be a graduating high school senior from a Houston area high school
- Attend the first semester at an accredited college or university immediately following notification of the scholarship award
- Be of Vietnamese descent
- Students may be required to participate in an in-person interview
Answer both essay topics in one document and upload with your online application:
Topic #1: Describe yourself and your aspirations
Topic #2: Respond to one of the following prompts:
- What does it mean to you to be a Vietnamese American growing up in the United States?
- Describe a person or an event that has had the greatest influence on your life
Application Process ChecklistOnline Process:
- Complete online application form.
- Upload resume with online application (Only one needed for all scholarships).
- Upload essays with online application
- Scan and upload high school transcript (unofficial transcripts are acceptable)
- Submit recommendation online (Only one needed for all scholarships): Recommendation Form
All questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: May 31, 2015